Resident Notice March 20, 2020
Dear Golden Vista Residents,
As you are aware, the situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is increasingly changing based on the spread of the disease, especially with our population fitting into the at-risk demographic.
The risk is further compounded by the fact that the virus is spread by contact with others who are contagious. We live in a community where people live close to one another, visit a good deal with neighbors and mingle in a close proximity.
As many have heard, social distancing is now necessary for a space of 6 feet between individuals to avoid contracting this virus.
The Board set up a group plan for what we might do to prevent the possibility of the virus in our community by initially cancelling all upcoming entertainment and any type of food gatherings scheduled through April 1 st.
The patient count for the virus is starting to climb in Arizona. As you know, all schools were closed, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey has issued an Executive Order prohibiting restaurant dine-in in counties that have been affected by the virus.
We as the Board and your Community Manager feel our prime duty is to protect our residents and our staff. As a result, in light of these recent developments and to reduce the amount of close contact, which is a means by which this virus is spread, we do have to limit the potential of an outbreak as much as we practically can, while trying to provide basic services.
Therefore, effective Monday, March 23rd at midnight the following measures will be in effect until further notice:
1. All enclosed recreational facilities such as the fitness room, card rooms, library, sewing room, lapidary, wood shop, computer room, Pow Wow Gift Shop, Ceramics, and Billiards will be closed and securely locked. This does include all rooms.
2. All restrooms and showers will be closed and securely locked; the only available public restroom that will remain open will be the lobby restrooms.
3. All outdoor facilities such as the swimming pools, spa, shuffleboard courts, pickleball and tennis courts, bocce ball and horseshoe pits will be closed as well.
4. Delivery services, service trades, contractors will be allowed to enter Golden Vista.
5. Residents are asked to discourage visits by family and friends.
6. In preparation for the closure of the indoor facilities, all clubs will need to prepare their room for closure by ensuring that their personal belongings are removed before the deadline.
7. Residents are discouraged from holding events where food is shared or events like block parties where there is a risk of close contact.
8. The front office, ARC office, Activities office will be closed to all foot traffic and face to face interaction. Our staff will be able to answer the phones and return emails. If you need to check out, please email [email protected] or
[email protected] your lot number, date leaving, name and contact number of your caretaker, and your current mailing address. If you wish to opt in for your assessment statements to be emailed to you, please email [email protected] requesting the form.
9. The North and South Laundry facilities will remain open (these areas will be scheduled for frequent disinfection).
We want to emphasize that none of these actions are taken lightly. Our main concern is to protect the residents and staff of Golden Vista.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please email me at [email protected]
Christy L. Lang
Golden Vista Community Manager